RESTRICTED STOCK UNIT AGREEMENT
FINANCE OF AMERICA COMPANIES INC.
2021 OMNIBUS INCENTIVE PLAN
Pursuant to the Restricted Stock Unit Grant Notice (the Grant Notice) delivered to the Participant (as defined in the Grant Notice), and subject to the terms of this Restricted Stock Unit Agreement (this Restricted Stock Unit Agreement) and the Finance of America Companies Inc. 2021 Omnibus Incentive Plan, as it may be amended and restated from time to time (the Plan), Finance of America Companies Inc., a Delaware corporation, (the Company) and the Participant agree as follows. Capitalized terms not otherwise defined herein shall have the same meaning as set forth in the Plan.
1. Grant of Restricted Stock Units. Subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein and in the Plan, the Company hereby grants to the Participant the number of Restricted Stock Units provided in the Grant Notice (with each Restricted Stock Unit representing an unfunded, unsecured right to receive one share of Common Stock). The Company may make one or more additional grants of Restricted Stock Units to the Participant under this Restricted Stock Unit Agreement by providing the Participant with a new grant notice, which may also include any terms and conditions differing from this Restricted Stock Unit Agreement to the extent provided therein. The Company reserves all rights with respect to the granting of additional Restricted Stock Units hereunder and makes no implied promise to grant additional Restricted Stock Units.
2. Vesting. Subject to the conditions contained herein and in the Plan, the Restricted Stock Units shall vest as provided in the Grant Notice.
3. Settlement of Restricted Stock Units. The provisions of Section 9(d)(ii) of the Plan are incorporated herein by reference and made a part hereof and, in accordance therewith, any vested Restricted Stock Units shall be settled in shares of Common Stock as soon as reasonably practicable (and, in any event, within two and one-half months, except with respect to the Restricted Stock Units that vest on the Vesting Reference Date (as defined in the Grant Notice) which shall be settled promptly on or following the 181st date following the Vesting Reference Date) following the expiration of the applicable Restricted Period; provided, however, that the Committee may, in its sole discretion, elect to (A) pay cash or part cash and part shares of Common Stock in lieu of issuing only shares of Common Stock in respect of such Restricted Stock Units or (B) defer the issuance of shares of Common Stock (or cash or part cash and part shares of Common Stock, as the case may be) beyond the expiration of the Restricted Period if such extension would not cause adverse tax consequences under Section 409A of the Code. Notwithstanding the foregoing, to the extent that any Restricted Stock Units vest (or would otherwise be settled) during a time when trading in shares of Common Stock by employees of the Company Group is restricted by the Companys insider trading or similar policy (or a Company imposed blackout period) (a Closed Window), such Restricted Stock Units will be settled promptly following the end of the Closed Window to the extent such delay in settlement will not cause adverse tax consequences under Section 409A of the Code. With respect to any Restricted Stock Unit, the period of time on and prior to the applicable vesting date in which such Restricted Stock Unit is subject to vesting shall be its Restricted Period. Notwithstanding anything in this Restricted Stock Unit Agreement to the contrary, the Company shall have no obligation to issue or transfer any shares of Common Stock as contemplated by this Restricted Stock Unit Agreement unless and until such issuance or transfer complies with all relevant provisions of law and the requirements of any stock exchange on which the Companys shares of Common Stock are listed for trading. Prior to settlement of any vested Restricted Stock Units, the Restricted Stock Units will represent an unsecured obligation of the Company, payable (if at all) only from the general assets of the Company.
4. Treatment of Restricted Stock Units Upon Termination. Subject to the Grant Notice, the provisions of Section 9(c)(ii) of the Plan are incorporated herein by reference and made a part hereof.
5. Company; Participant.
a. The term Company as used in this Restricted Stock Unit Agreement with reference to employment shall include the applicable Service Recipient.
b. Whenever the word Participant is used in any provision of this Restricted Stock Unit Agreement under circumstances where the provision should logically be construed to apply to the executors, the administrators, or the person or persons to whom the Restricted Stock Units may be transferred in accordance with Section 13(b) of the Plan, the word Participant shall be deemed to include such person or persons.
6. Non-Transferability. The Restricted Stock Units are not transferable by the Participant (unless such transfer is specifically required pursuant to a domestic relations order or by applicable law). Except as otherwise provided herein, no assignment or transfer of the Restricted Stock Units, or of the rights represented thereby, whether voluntary or involuntary, by operation of law or otherwise, shall vest in the assignee or transferee any interest or right herein whatsoever, but immediately upon such assignment or transfer the Restricted Stock Units shall terminate and become of no further effect.
7. Rights as Stockholder; Dividend Equivalents. The Participant shall have no rights as a stockholder with respect to any share of Common Stock underlying a Restricted Stock Unit (including no rights with respect to voting) unless and until the Participant shall have become the holder of record or the beneficial owner of such Common Stock, and no adjustment shall be made for dividends or distributions or other rights in respect of such share of Common Stock for which the record date is prior to the date upon which the Participant shall become the holder of record or the beneficial owner thereof.
8. Legend. To the extent applicable, all book entries (or certificates, if any) representing the shares of Common Stock delivered to Participant as contemplated by Section 3 above shall be subject to the rules, regulations, and other requirements of the Securities and Exchange Commission, any stock exchange upon which such shares of Common Stock are listed, and any applicable Federal or state laws, and the Company may cause notations to be made next to the book entries (or a legend or legends put on certificates, if any) to make appropriate reference to such restrictions. Any such book entry notations (or legends on certificates, if any) shall include a description to the effect of any restrictions.
9. Tax Withholding. Notwithstanding anything in Section 13(d)(i) or (ii) of the Plan to the contrary, the Participant shall be required to satisfy the minimum income, employment, and any other applicable taxes that are statutorily required to be withheld with respect to Restricted Stock Units (collectively, Minimum Withholding Tax Obligations) by having the Company withhold from the shares of Common Stock otherwise issuable or deliverable to the Participant upon settlement of the Restricted Stock Units, a number of shares of Common Stock with an aggregate Fair Market Value equal to an amount equal to such Minimum Withholding Tax Obligations.
10. Notice. Every notice or other communication relating to this Restricted Stock Unit Agreement between the Company and the Participant shall be in writing, which may include by electronic mail and shall be mailed to or delivered to the party for whom it is intended at such address as may from time to time be designated by such party in a notice mailed or delivered to the other party as herein provided; provided that, unless and until some other address be so designated, all notices or communications by the Participant to the Company shall be mailed or delivered to the Company at its principal executive office, to the attention of the Companys General Counsel or its designee, and all notices or communications by the
Company to the Participant may be given to the Participant personally or may be mailed to the Participant at the Participants last known address, as reflected in the Companys records. Notwithstanding the above, all notices and communications between the Participant and any third-party plan administrator shall be mailed, delivered, transmitted or sent in accordance with the procedures established by such third-party plan administrator and communicated to the Participant from time to time.
11. No Right to Continued Service. This Restricted Stock Unit Agreement does not confer upon the Participant any right to continue as an employee or service provider to the Service Recipient or any other member of the Company Group.
12. Binding Effect. This Restricted Stock Unit Agreement shall be binding upon the heirs, executors, administrators and successors of the parties hereto.
13. Waiver and Amendments. Except as otherwise set forth in Section 12 of the Plan, any waiver, alteration, amendment or modification of any of the terms of this Restricted Stock Unit Agreement shall be valid only if made in writing and signed by the parties hereto; provided, however, that any such waiver, alteration, amendment or modification is consented to on the Companys behalf by the Committee. No waiver by either of the parties hereto of their rights hereunder shall be deemed to constitute a waiver with respect to any subsequent occurrences or transactions hereunder unless such waiver specifically states that it is to be construed as a continuing waiver.
14. Clawback/Repayment. This Restricted Stock Unit Agreement shall be subject to reduction, cancellation, forfeiture or recoupment to the extent necessary to comply with (i) any clawback, forfeiture or other similar policy adopted by the Board or the Committee and as in effect from time to time; and (ii) applicable law. In addition, if the Participant receives any amount in excess of what the Participant should have received under the terms of this Restricted Stock Unit Agreement for any reason (including, without limitation, by reason of a financial restatement, mistake in calculations or other administrative error), then the Participant shall be required to repay any such excess amount to the Company.
15. Detrimental Activity. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein or in the Plan, if the Participant has engaged in or engages in any Detrimental Activity, as determined by the Committee, then the Committee may, in its sole discretion, take actions permitted under the Plan, including, but not limited to: (i) cancelling any and all Restricted Stock Units, or (ii) requiring that the Participant forfeit any gain realized on the vesting of the Restricted Stock Units, and repay such gain to the Company.
16. Right to Offset. The provisions of Section 13(x) of the Plan are incorporated herein by reference and made a part hereof.
17. Governing Law. This Restricted Stock Unit Agreement shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Delaware, without regard to the principles of conflicts of law thereof. Notwithstanding anything contained in this Restricted Stock Unit Agreement, the Grant Notice or the Plan to the contrary, if any suit or claim is instituted by the Participant or the Company relating to this Restricted Stock Unit Agreement, the Grant Notice or the Plan, the Participant hereby submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of and venue in the courts of Delaware. THE PARTICIPANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ALL RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY SUIT, ACTION OR OTHER PROCEEDING INSTITUTED BY OR AGAINST SUCH PARTICIPANT IN RESPECT OF THE PARTICIPANTS RIGHTS OR OBLIGATIONS HEREUNDER.
18. Plan. The terms and provisions of the Plan are incorporated herein by reference. In the event of a conflict or inconsistency between the terms and provisions of the Plan and the provisions of this Restricted Stock Unit Agreement (including the Grant Notice), the Plan shall govern and control.
19. Section 409A. It is intended that the Restricted Stock Units granted hereunder shall be exempt from Section 409A of the Code pursuant to the short-term deferral rule applicable to such section, as set forth in the regulations or other guidance published by the Internal Revenue Service thereunder. Without limiting the foregoing, the Committee will have the right to amend the terms and conditions of this Restricted Stock Unit Agreement and/or the Grant Notice in any respect as may be necessary or appropriate to comply with Section 409A of the Code, including without limitation by delaying the issuance of the shares of Common Stock contemplated hereunder. Notwithstanding any other provision of this Restricted Stock Unit Agreement to the contrary, (i) the Company and its respective officers, directors, employees, or agents make no guarantee that the terms of this Restricted Stock Unit Agreement as written comply with the provisions of Section 409A of the Code, and none of the foregoing shall have any liability for the failure of the terms of this Restricted Stock Unit Agreement as written to comply with the provisions of Section 409A of the code and (ii) if the Participant is a specified employee within the meaning of Section 409A(a)(2)(B)(i) of the Code, no payments in respect of any Awards that are deferred compensation subject to Section 409A of the Code and which would otherwise be payable upon the Participants separation from service (as defined in Section 409A of the Code) shall be made to such Participant prior to the date that is six (6) months after the date of such Participants separation from service or, if earlier, the date of the Participants death. Following any applicable six (6) month delay, all such delayed payments will be paid in a single lump sum on the earliest date permitted under Section 409A of the Code that is also a business day. Each payment in a series of payments hereunder will be deemed to be a separate payment for purposes of Section 409A of the Code.
20. Imposition of Other Requirements. The Company reserves the right to impose other requirements on the Participants participation in the Plan, on the Restricted Stock Units and on any shares of Common Stock acquired under the Plan, to the extent the Company determines it is necessary or advisable for legal or administrative reasons, and to require the Participant to sign any additional agreements or undertakings that may be necessary to accomplish the foregoing.
21. Electronic Delivery and Acceptance. The Company may, in its sole discretion, decide to deliver any documents related to current or future participation in the Plan by electronic means. The Participant hereby consents to receive such documents by electronic delivery and agrees to participate in the Plan through an on-line or electronic system established and maintained by the Company or a third party designated by the Company.
22. Entire Agreement. This Restricted Stock Unit Agreement, the Grant Notice, the LTIP (as defined in the Grant Notice) and the Plan constitute the entire agreement of the parties hereto in respect of the subject matter contained herein and supersede all prior agreements and understandings of the parties, oral and written, with respect to such subject matter.